Main aims and object of
the Indian Archaeological Society are here under:
1. To promote and guide the study of archaeology and create a forum
for discussion of archaeological problems.
2. To publish a Bulletin on archaeological interests and to publish
monographs and standard work on various archaeological problems.
3. To co-operate with different
archaeological societies globally and to establish academic and
exchange relations with them.
4. To organize annual Archaeological conference and periodical seminars
and also the exhibitions of excavated and explored antiquities.
5. To inspire general public interest by organizing lectures, to
encourage the collection and preservation of antiquities, to institute
and award prizes and medals for important discoveries and researches.
6. To maintain a central library, to co-ordinate work of various
government and autonomous bodies in the archaeological field.
7. To encourage setting up of local and regional Archaeological
Societies, and affiliate and guide them.
8. To collect, hold and disburse funds and properties for the purpose
of promoting the above objects.
9. To perform all other acts that maybe conducive to the above objects.